Inmobiliaria Inmoliva


INMOLIVA starts its journey through the real estate world in the year 1980. Since then, the director-owner, Don José Oliva Vega, has diversified its activity to cover practically all the actions that we face when purchasing a property. During the course of over twenty years, we have been able to respond to the demand for real estate brokerage services to become the canary market leaders.

The results in these years have been spectacular, increasing each year, occupying a privileged position among companies in Gran Canaria.

The young and dynamic character of INMOLIVA, in keeping with the times, makes us look increasingly to new technologies. For this reason we present this website as an important tool available to all our customers and visitors, which we hope to cover all the needs of information about our properties, so that our customers can have a more accurate view of what they will find before to visit a property.


gestoriaOur advisors will inform you of all procedures and steps to follow in all purchases of property, since the signing of title deeds, Tax, Land Registry, changes of ownership of the property tax, electricity, water, garbage collection, etc..


Document in the presence of a notary public who will give true legality of the act and faith commitments and agreements of the parties. The public notary will advise us on what interests us concerning any area of ​​the deed of sale.

  • Taxes

In every sale there are a number of taxes such as: transfer tax and stamp duty (transfer tax). The overall tax rate applicable to home purchases subject to ITP and documented legal acts notarial deed is 0.50% for new homes and 6% for existing homes on the amount covered by the writing.

WHERE DO YOU PAY: In liquidating offices of the Autonomous Community where the property is located or any of the offices of the collaborating institutions.

Liquidating offices are usually located in the same premises of the property registers.

WHEN DO YOU PAY: The deadline is thirty days from the time the sale is formalized.


It is a municipal tax, whose management and collection, it is up to the municipality where the home that has been sold is located, which taxes the increase in land value. To calculate it, it takes in account the difference between the sales value today of the house and the acquisition value when it was bought. In this case, the obligation to pay the tax is for the seller, but very often it is agreed that it is the buyer who pays it.

WHERE DO YOU PAY: Liquidating offices are located on the premises of the municipal council where the house is located.

WHEN DO YOU PAY: The deadline to pay the surplus to pay, is thirty working days from the time the sale is formalized.


Registration in the Land Registry of the deed of sale is not mandatory. The registration process is simple. Simply go to the Land Registry corresponding to the locality in which the house is located and acquired and present the deed. Depending on the extent of their city, the Land Registry may be divided into different offices, so that the first thing to know is how we should present the deed record. You will need to present the original deed of purchase of housing, so that the registrarca:

Examine and transcribe the content of the deed.

Verify that the original content of the deed has been registered with the Land Registry.

In the Land Registry, a simple copy of the deed  that we have presented for registration will be sealed, as an original receipt.

Finally, one aspect remains pending in our home: discharge of water supplies, electricity, garbage and telephone, although it may at the time of purchase the home, any or all supplies are currently being paid. In such cases, simply take the name change.


Finally, one aspect remains pending in our home: the new contract of water supplies, electricity, garbage and telephone, although it may be that the time of purchase of the home, any or all supplies are currently being paid. In such cases, simply take the name change.

What you must know

¿What additional costs should be taken into account when buying a house?

It is important to remember that the purchase price of a home is increased by approximately 10% due to additional costs and taxes to be disbursed. Shown below is a list of expenses to consider:

If the house is a new construction: 5% IGIC. If the house is second hand: 6% transfer tax.
Valuation study (between 180 and 210 euros, approximately)
Arrangement fee home loan (0.5% - 1% of the loan).
Stamp Duty Tax (0.5% of the loan).
Notary Fees drafting the deed of sale and the mortgage loan.
Fees for the registration of the deed of sale and loan in the Land Registry.
Solicitors Expenditures for processing scripts (180 euros, approximately)
The municipal capital gains on the value of land.
To all this must be added the costs of reform (painters, floor, etc.), if any, and the derivatives of the new contracts of the services (electricity, gas, water, phone, etc..).

¿What would be the maximum amount of the mortgage loan?

Overall, the mortgage amount requested from the bank should not exceed 80% of the value of the property (market value of the property excluding sales tax), although in some cases it is possible to finance the entire amount of purchase.

However, you should be aware that the monthly fee you pay to amortize the mortgage loan should not exceed 40% of net income that you can justify.

¿What is the appropriate term for a mortgage?

There is no fixed rule, as it depends on the financial situation of each person. In principle, the shorter the term the less interest you pay overall, but the amount of the monthly result is greater.

¿What interest rate is more convenient?

tipo de interes

Depends on the situation and preferences of each person. If you are a proactive and organized person who prefers to meet its commitments without surprises, you should hire a fixed rate mortgage. If instead you are a person who prefers small risks facing the counterpart of also geting some benefits from changes in interest rates, we recommend a mortgage with a floating rate.

In any case, keep in mind that there are also financial institutions that offer mortgages with mixed type.

¿Is it compulsory to take some type of insurance along with the mortgage?

According to the Mortgage Market Act it is compulsory to take a insurance on the property financed by a mortgage loan. It is also wise to hire other insurance to cover any mishaps, such as a multi-risk home insurance and life insurance or loan repayment.

Frequently asked questions

¿What taxes you have to pay to buy a new home?

Transfer tax and stamp duty
Property tax. (IBI)

¿What taxes you have to pay when buying a used home?

Transfer tax and stamp duty
Tax on the increased value of urban land
Property tax (IBI)

¿What is IGIC (TAXES)?

It is an indirect tax that replaces that in the Canary island preplaces  (VAT) used in the rest of Europe that taxes the sale of goods or services, in this case the purchase of new homes. The current rate is 5%.

¿What is the tax (IBI)?

Is a municipal tax on the ownership of housing. Calculated as a percentage of the assessed value of the house.

While it is not a tax on the sale of homes specifically, it is mandatory that the seller is aware of the payment of the tax before transmitting the housing, so that it often becomes an additional cost of the operation.

¿What is the tax on the increased value of land?

This tax is levied for the commune where the estate lies, by the fact of the transfer or sale of the same. The settlement is made by the difference in value experienced by the estate since the last transmission. It is therefore a tax on the ground and not construction.

¿It is compulsory to take some type of insurance along with the mortgage?

According to the Mortgage Market Act it is compulsory to contract a insurance on the property financed by a mortgage loan. It is also wise to hire other insurance to cover any mishaps, such as a multi-risk home insurance and life insurance or loan repayment

¿What is the Land Registry and what use is its use?

It is a public office whose mission is to maintain official records in which consist all the circumstances relating to the property (charges, transfers, marginal notes, etc..) that affect the estates of territorial demarcation for that registry.

The Land Registry can you see, by a simple note information, that the seller of the house you are going to purchase is really your own, and to verify the possible charges that may weigh on the same (unpaid prior liens, embargoes, etc..).

¿What is a notary and what role it plays in the sale of a property?

The notary is a liberal professional legally authorized public to attest the of acts and contracts in which it intervenes.

The notary informs the parties of all the legal aspects that affect the operation of real estate sales, thereby offering legal security to the documents submitted by both the parties.

Its primary mission is to act as a public notary providing legal guarantee to the contents of the deed of sale, while informs the parties of their responsibilities and the consequences that entails to not cope with (for example, non-payment of taxes).

¿What to include the deed of sale of a property?

Put schematically, a deed of sale contains the following:

The parties involved (seller and buyer).
The physical description of the property subject to the transaction.
The title of ownership (deed of what the seller bought the home at the time).
Registration in the Land Registry title acquisition on behalf of the seller.
The burdens on the house (if any).
The justification that the house that is transmitted is current in the payment of its obligations (taxes, community neighbors, etc..)
The purchase price and method of payment.
Holding the operation as stipulated in the various administrative regulations.
The duties of a fiscal nature arising from the sale.
The signatures of the buyer, seller and notary.

¿Qué documentación se precisa para comprar una vivienda nueva?

Para acreditar que una vivienda es nueva, es necesario aportar en la notaría la cédula urbanística, la cédula catastral y la cédula de habitabilidad.

La legalidad de la construcción y del uso se acredita con los siguientes documentos:

Licencia de obras y certificación del técnico competente que acredite que se ha finalizado la misma conforme al proyecto aprobado por el Ayuntamiento.
Licencia de primera ocupación del edificio (relacionada con su habitabilidad) que comprueba la efectividad del cumplimiento de la normativa legal.
Cédula de habitabilidad con su correspondiente inscripción en el Registro de la Propiedad.

¿What documentation is required to buy a used home?

The most important documents to gather to purchase a used home are:

The latest receipt of property tax paid by the seller.
The original property deed, duly registered in the Land Registry. It must be established that the seller is the owner and must also contain all the physical characteristics of the home you are going to buy.
A certificate issued by the president of the homeowners where is stated that the seller is current in the payment of the community charge, to be assured that the property is free of debts to the homeowners.

¿What steps must be performed once formalized the deed?

Once you have signed the deed of sale in front of a notary, the sale is completed. However, it is still necessary to conduct some steps, some required and some recommended.

First, we must ask the notary to issue a copy of the deed of sale authorized by the notary.

Next is to settle and pay the taxes that correspond to the type of house (new or used) to the Treasury.

Once taxes are paid, writing is presented to the Land Registry to proceed to register the operation and ownership of new home ownership.

And finally, it is recommended to modify the land ownership of the property.

¿What is a House Savings Account and what is it use?

The Building Societies account is a financial mechanism based on a savings account where earnings that are made should be allocated to the first purchase or rehabilitation of a house that is or will be the habitual residence of the owner.

The purpose of these accounts is to have a certain amount of money that has been saved to make the first payments for the purchase of a house and so having to ask for a smaller mortgage.

The interest rate on these accounts is usually higher than traditional bank deposits, and can deduct from income tax on 15% of the amounts deposited.

Building Societies The account has a maximum term of four years, so within that period you must have made ​​the purchase of housing.

Finally, note that you can only have a savings account-Housing per person, and that the amounts deducted in tax shall not be again deducted at the time of acquisition of the property.

Where we are

Street Antonio Padrón, 7

Gáldar ,Zip 35460

Tel.: 928 88 30 66 y 928 88 18 19

Fax: 928 88 83 01

Company certified by BM TRADA


NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand